1. Reface those old cabinets. Chances are your cabinets are structurally sound but the door and drawers tend to get the most abuse. It is very economically to simply give them a little face lift! Resurfacing those doors tend to be rather expensive so my advice is to simply replace the doors with new ones!
2. Update that old floor. Installing a new floor is a great way to completely change the look of your bathroom. Choosing porcelain, ceramic, or natural stone tiles, will get the most added value!
3. Change up the sink. Since you spend a lot of time at your sink – shaving, putting on your makeup, brushing your teeth – it makes sense to have a sink that’s appealing to the eye – and wallet. Don’t want to change out the whole sink? Just change out the faucet and handles. It is a simple and much more cost effective change that can give your sink a new look.
4. Update the lighting. When you turn on your light, does it feel like you’re in a police inquisition with all the blinding light glaring down at you? Changing the lighting can be a great way to increase the value of the room as well as change the ambiance.
5. Change up your shower head. Switch your old shower head for a rain head. Not only will it feel amazing but it will add value to your bath.
When renovating your bathroom it is important to stick to the basics. If you try to go too far to customizing your bathroom it could hurt you rather than help when you go to sell your home.